FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information:
The Woodlands Mall contact: PR contact:
Gene Satern Sunny McKinnon
(281) 363.3363 (713) 666-9693 or (713) 906-8736
May Cookbook Club at The Woodlands Mall Williams-Sonoma
Features Martha’s American Food Wednesday, May 9
Cupcake for Mom, Special Kids’ Workshop, set for Saturday, May 12
THE WOODLANDS, TX (April 19, 2012) It’s the busy month of May for Williams-Sonoma at The Woodlands Mall. The culinary retailer has a full schedule of free Technique Classes and a special kids’ workshop for little ones and Dads. In addition, the newly launched Cookbook Club* meets on Wednesday, May 9 and features Martha Stewart’s Martha’s American Food. The store’s talented culinary expert Chef Piera will also host two cooking classes** during the month.
Here’s the May schedule of activities at the Williams-Sonoma at The Woodlands Mall:
- Friday, May 4 from 12 to 1 p.m.: CHEF PIERA SPOTLIGHTS MOTHER’S DAY DINNER. Attendees enjoy demonstrations by Chef Piera of recipes chosen specially for a Mother’s Day dinner. A full is served a full meal and each attendee receives recipes to take home. Cost is $30 per person. Reservations are required, (281) 298-6915.
- Sunday, May 6 at 2 p.m. NO RULES BRUNCH. Brunch is the ideal way to entertain whether it is a simple springtime get-together or celebrating Mother’s Day. Attendees will learn how to create new recipes that will impress your guests, serve brunch mocktails such as coffee spritzers and frozen drinks and create healthy and delicious recipes with spring produce. No charge to attend.
- Wednesday, May 9 from 12 to 3 p.m. MARTHA’S AMERICAN FOOD. In Martha’s American Food, Martha Stewart celebrates America and its diversity with recipes that represent the very best of the country’s flavors. Organized geographically, this book showcases Martha’s recipes for regional specialties from drinks to desserts. Together, these recipes reflect the unique character of each part of the country while also celebrating the deliciousness (and comfort) of American food. Attendees will receive a copy of the cookbook and be served a meal with recipes from the cookbook. Cost of the class is $75 per person. Reservations are required. Call (281) 313-1180.
- Saturday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. CUPCAKE FOR MOM. During this special kids workshop, children and dads are invited to come for a hands-on cupcake decorating event where kids can decorate a delicious cupcake to present to Mom on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13. There is no charge to attend, but space is limited and reservations are recommended. Call (972) 712-9455. No charge to attend.
- Thursday, May 17 from 6 to 8 p.m. CHEF PIERA’S MEMORIAL DAY PICNIC. Attendees will watch as Chef Piera prepares delightful Memorial Day Picnic fare. When the cooking’s done, guests will enjoy the meal and have recipes to take home. Cost is $30 per person. Reservations are required, (281) 298-6915.
- Sunday, May 20 at 2 p.m. A TASTING TABLE MEMORIAL DAY MENU. This class, created by Tasting Table’s best sous chefs, will help attendees get ready to fire up the grill for Memorial Day. Williams-Sonoma has partnered with Tasting Table, a popular food site and daily email publication, to provide attendees with a Memorial Day menu that will inspire. Tasting Table prides itself on creating epicurean recommendations that are authentic, trustworthy and actionable, so a fabulous cookout is guaranteed. No charge to attend.
- Sunday, May 27 at 2 p.m. VITAMIX! The chefs’ blender, the Vitamix, is the one seen on television. This powerful machine makes amazing transformations in minutes, from minced veggies and pureed hot soups to froths and frozen desserts. The class will show how to make the most of Vitamix and will demonstrate the newest Vitamix. No charge to attend.
Participants enjoy 10% savings on select same-day store purchases. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (281) 298-6915 or stopping by Williams-Sonoma.
*The monthly Cookbook Club class is taught by Chef Piera, who will showcase recipes from a different cookbook. Each 1.5 to two-hour class will feature cooking tips and techniques plus attendees will be treated to a three-course tasting menu from the book’s best recipes, which are prepared during the class. Attendees will also receive a copy of the featured cookbook with a signed bookplate. Cost is $75 per person and reservations are required. Call (281) 298-6915.
**The cooking classes are lead by Chef Piera and last 1.5 to two hours in length. The format includes a cooking demonstration, generous samples of featured dishes and printed recipes to take home. Reservations are required, (281) 298-6915. Cost is $30 per class per person.
The Woodlands Mall is located at I-45 north at Lake Woodlands Drive. For a list of retailers, restaurants, directions and more, visit www.thewoodlandsmall.com
or call (281) 363-3409.
The Woodlands Mallis owned and managed by General Growth Properties, a fully integrated, self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust focused on owning, managing, leasing, and redeveloping regional malls throughout the United States. GGP currently owns, or has an interest in, 135 regional shopping malls comprising approximately 140 million square feet of gross leasable area. GGP is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, and publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol GGP. For more information on GGP, please go to www.GGP.com
-- ### --